At Eurocord we respect the privacy of our members and contacts and we are committed to keeping all your personal data secure.
2......... THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT.
3......... HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
4......... DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
5......... HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION.
6......... HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
EuroCord, an international non-profit association with its registered office at Rue Archimède 17, 1000 Brussels, collects and uses certain Personal Data as a data controller in the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). EuroCord is responsible for ensuring that it uses that Personal Data in compliance with data protection laws, including but not limited to the GDPR and the Belgian law of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of their personal data.
2.THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- Some of the services offered by Eurocord require us to obtain Personal Data about you in order to perform the services we have been engaged to provide. In relation to the services available on this website, we will collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- Information that you provide to Eurocord. This includes information about you that you provide to us (for example via the contact form of the website). The nature of the services you are requesting or the questions you ask will determine the kind of Personal Data we might ask for, though such information may include (by way of a non-exhaustive list):
- Contact information, such as first name, family name, company name, (professional) email address, country;
- Any information that you choose to share with us (whether through our websites or otherwise) which may be considered Personal Data, including but not limited to questions, comments, complaints, orders, etc.;
- If your company is member of Eurocord, any Personal Data that you share with us in the context of your Eurocord membership and the provision of services by us.
- Information that we collect or generate about you. This includes (by way of a non-exhaustive list):
- If your company is member of Eurocord, any Personal Data concerning the services which your company has requested and our interactions with your company.
3.HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Your Personal Data may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- to reply to your information request through our website contact form;
- for the management and administration of our activities;
- to understand your needs and interests;
- for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on or operation and security of Eurocord websites;
- to assess and manage your company’s membership, where applicable;
- to provide our members with Eurocord services;
- in order to comply with and in order to assess compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and internal policies and procedures; and / or
- for the administration and maintenance of databases storing Personal Data.
- When we use Personal Data we make sure that the usage complies with applicable law and the law allows us and/or requires us to use Personal Data for a variety of reasons. These include where:
- we need to do so in order to perform our contractual obligations with our members;
- we have obtained your consent;
- we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
- we may need to do so in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings;
- the use of your Personal Data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as:
- allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of our activities;
- manage the proper functioning of our website;
- maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures; and
- promoting our services.
4.DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES [A2]
- We may also share your Personal Data outside of Eurocord with the following persons:
- with our business partners. For example, this could include intermediaries that introduced you to us or through whom you requested EuroCord services. Personal Data will only be transferred to a business partner who is contractually obliged to comply with appropriate data protection obligations and the relevant privacy and confidentiality legislation;
- to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation (including, without limitation, in order to comply with tax reporting requirements and disclosures to regulators), or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
5.HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
- We have extensive controls in place to maintain the security of our information and information systems. The information that we handle is protected with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the relevant information. Appropriate controls (such as restricted access) are placed on our computer systems. Physical access to areas where Personal Data is gathered, processed or stored is limited to authorised employees.
- As a condition of employment, Eurocord employees and staff are required to follow all applicable laws and regulations, including in relation to data protection law. Access to Personal Data is limited to those employees and staff who need it to perform their roles.
6.HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- How long we will hold your Personal Data for will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- the purpose for which we are using it – Eurocord will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your Personal Data.
- You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. These rights include:
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data which we hold about you;
- where you have actively provided your consent for us to process your personal data, the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- in some circumstances, the right to receive some personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible (“data portability”). Please note that this right only applies to personal data which you have provided to us;
- the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority (details of which are provided below) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
- You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
- You can find out more information about your rights by contacting a competent supervisory authority. In Belgium it is the Data Protection Authority (“Autorité de protection des données” or “Gegevensbeschermingautoriteit”), rue de la Presse/Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, or by searching their website at www.dataprotectionauthority.be, www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be or www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be.